aims of this study
The primary aims of this study are to:
- Identify the types of concerns that people experience when living with an IoT object in their home and how those concerns are expressed through their behaviour.
- Investigate whether specific features added to an IoT device will help alleviate people’s concerns.
- Investigate people’s thoughts about adding IoT technology to everyday objects.
The supplementary aims of this study are to:
- Investigate the suitability of the Particle PhotonÔ (http://particle.io) as an IoT device.
- Investigate technological issues associated with the deployment of IoT technology in different environments.
what you have to do as a participant
If you agree to be in this study, you will be interviewed for the purposes of:
- Exploring your current knowledge, understanding and experience with IoT technology; and,
- Considering scenarios about IoT technology and collecting your views and thoughts about those scenarios.
The interviews will be audio recorded. These recordings will be transcribed and analysed for themes. Both transcriptions and the analysis will be used for research purposes and may be published in academic journals or as part of academic conferences as part of a research paper.